Monday, August 11, 2014

11 Days In

Eleven days into August and I'm pretty okay with how things are going!

The Burpee Challenge has gone well!  The first 4 days were hard, primarily from an achy deltoid muscle and an oblique that got tired of my bad form quickly, but rather than babying it, which I'd typically do, I kept going until I needed an overall rest day.  Low and behold, the day after rest day, all was good again.  It seemed like it actually helped to push it a little before just resting.  And my burpees are already showing improvement, as are my push ups!

Pull Up Program - I'm trucking right along.  I try to ignore any progress I'm making, because I've made progress before, and couldn't finish.  So let's just say, I'm doing the plan.

Marathon Training - I'm at 26.9 miles for the month, and the Nike App seems to think I should run 41 miles this week.  I'm not sure how I feel about that.  And this freaking rain!!

Crossfit - This is going well!  Today we did Karen - 150 Wall Balls, 14#, and 10' line.  11:11.  It's nothing to jump up and down over, but I did it, without scaling and without going into the next class.   And I've had some other good workouts. I pushed through a lot of ring dip negatives today, which I feel was an accomplishment.

I'm at that in-between point now when I can physically RX some things but if I do, I'm going to be the last one done.  However, scaling as recommended has me blasting through things.  It's a hard to find balance.  I think that's what I really liked about doing the open - no scaling!  You just have to do and if you're the last one, you just are.  Oh, and having Kyla standing  there shouting at me the whole time helped too, lol!


No comments:

Post a Comment