Monday, August 4, 2014

Progress So Far August 1 - 4

Friday, August 1

Much needed rest day!  With the husband MIA for a while, the last week of July was marked by a couple two-a-days, including a brutal leg burner on Thursday, that I brilliantly followed up with a very slow 4 mile run.  Yeah.

Saturday, August 2

A - Month of Burpees Challenge (MOBC)- Goal: 500/week,  100/day, with allowance for rest days if needed
Benchmarks 
50 in  4:19
77 in 7:00
100 in 9:14

After joining the facebook group, and setting a goal, I came across this video.  Since I'm writing this on my 3rd day, I have already discovered how varried the burpees can really be!  I'm going to shoot for 100 a day.  I know it's possible.  But I'm not changing my goal, because I am already pushing my body pretty hard.  We'll see.



From www.rosstraining.com
http://rosstraining.com/blog/2014/03/01/100-burpees-a-day/

B - Pull Up Program (PUP) Week 1: Day 1
1 Strict Attempt
10 Pull Up Shrugs
5 Negatives
10 Strict Assisted Pull Ups (Band)

This program is to be done 3-4 times a week with a rest day in between.  No problemo!
I tried to get a benchmark video for you, but it was after the burpees and the whole PUP.  This means I may as well have just videoed myself standing by the bar. (-;   There was nothing happening! 

Sunday, August 3
A. MOBC - 100 Burpees, 10x10 throughout the day.
Today, I focused on using my knees less.  Thanks to the bruises from using them too much yesterday!

B. Running - 6.37 in 1:19   I wasn't really in a hurry.  Just getting in the miles.

Monday, August 4

A. Assisted with coaching CFK today!  <3    Snuck in my PUP after.  

B. Crossfit
Warm Up
Includes basics, and typically body weight skill work, so today we did 2 sets of max push ups, and 3 sets of max strict pull ups. I was able to do 10 push ups, and some banded strict.  Nothing worth mentioning.
12min AMRAP
3 Power Clean  (Rx=105, I did Scaled # = 75)
200 M Run
9 rounds in 12:26.  Definitely should have gone heavier.  I was fast though.  Proud of my runs.

C. MOBC - 100 Burpees, 10x10, through the evening.

Busy week so far!  Nutrition-wise, it's a process.  I can't plan workouts in advance, including runs, because of husband's schedule.  This means I never really know what I'm fueling, and I haven't figured out how to combat that yet.




No comments:

Post a Comment