Friday, August 8, 2014

Progress So Far August 5-7

It's been a busy week!  I did take a day off from EVERYTHING, including the burpees.  Kind of bummed, but it was needed.

100 burpees a day is tough.  Even though it's not so bad when broken into 10s or 


Thursday, August 7 
What better way to get in a run, 100 burpees and some pull up work, than to mix the 3 in a homemade WOD?

4 Rounds for Time:
1 Mile Run
2 Negatives/3 Strict Pull Ups (I used a band, and still didn't quite make it up) (PUP)
25 Burpees  (MOBC)

Time = 1:02

By burpee 20 of the last set I think I was propelling myself off the ground with my groans.  Fairly swift runs, but I didn't check the actual run times.  Overall each split was about 13, so I'd say less than 10 minute miles after the first one.  Not bad.

For the record, this was pretty tough.  

Wednesday, August 6
REST DAY
I don't think I could have worked out if I'd wanted to.  My body was exhausted. My brain was exhausted.  I embraced it.  Unfortunately, I ate horribly.  Ugh.

Tuesday, August 5
A.  Crossfit
Back Squats - EMOM 10 minutes, 3 reps
(I don't know my numbers.  Yeah.  I think I ended around 100 or 105.)
Randy
75 Power Snatches for Time RX=55#
(I don't know my time. Yipes.  10 something?  Maybe slightly under?  I was the last one done.  I know that.)

I'm a fan of anything with the word "power".  This means, no squating (see back squat # above).  I know my snatches weren't phenomenal toward the end.  

B.  100 Burpees in sets of 11




No comments:

Post a Comment