Saturday, January 14, 2012

The Sport of Fitness Has Arrived


Love it!

Today was a Rest Day, following 5 days on.  I'm feeling fantastic, aside from some bruised knees from HSPUs (handstand push ups) on the box.  For those of us who can't get full range of motion in a handstand, using a box jump box to at least get a similar form is the way to go.  I ended up spending all week working on arms/shoulders - which is fine, as it kept the soreness at bay!

Today's WOD:
In honor of "Nate"
AMRAP in 20 minutes, of:
2 Muscle-ups  (Progression - meaning I just practice the overall arm movements - I will probably NEVER get a M.U. - Mr. E is VERY strong, but doesn't have one, so....anyway, I'm only saying this so that I can one day eat my words, LOL)
4 Handstand Push-ups (8, Box, Knees)8 KB Swings (70/53 lbs.) (26#)
Chief Petty Officer Nate Hardy was killed Sunday February 4th during combat operations in Iraq. Nate is survived by his wife, Mindi, and his infant son Parker.

No comments:

Post a Comment