Thursday, January 5, 2012

Detox Headache - Ugh!

Wowsers.   For those of you thinking about detoxing, heads up on the insane headache that comes on around day 3-4.  Day 3 kicked me in the head and I spent half the afternoon and all evening in bed.  Hence the lack of posts.  Day 4 was better, but still the headache, and Day 5 has been fabulous.

I am having strong cravings for things I don't usually love,  such as milk.   Mmm, and Italian Cappuccinos - from Italy, lol.    But those are getting easier to manage.

I have had Iced Coffee with lots of chemicals (Skinny Mocha, Sugar Free Hazlenut) and heavy cream twice now.  It seemed to really squelch the cravings, and I might have to let it stay.  

Today's WOD:
Strength:
Overhead Squats 2-2-2-2-2-2   (60#)   So excited!  I had to stop adding weight because of my arms, as opposed to my squat!!!   

Met-con:
5 rounds for time:   (5:50, #25 - I have issues with the Snatch movement, and this was what I could do without compromising my form on that portion.)
9 Snatch Grip Deadlifts (135/95 lbs.)
6 Hang Power Snatches (135/95 lbs.)
3 Overhead Squats (135/95 lbs.)

The workout felt great, and I was kind of giddy over the fact that last time I did this, I could barely hold the bar on my back because of lack of muscle, and today there was a clear "shelf".   Something good is going on (-:

No comments:

Post a Comment