Monday, January 2, 2012

Sugar Detox Day 1

1 January 2012

Today was a no WOD kind of day. Not intentionally, however, I made the mistake of discovering tomorrow’s and the Um, are you kidding me? factor made any notion of a taxing workout vanish.   I'm learning quick that Hero WODs suck.  
Monday is a “Holiday Schedule” at the box, which means, no regular class times.  Instead we sign up for times. This is fine, except, I usually work out in the morning, when very few people are there. When there are a lot of people, things have to be shared.  Because I still need to use the training bar (15lbs) on a few lifts, well, maybe most, this isn’t so hot for me.  Last time, I ended up completely short changing myself on squats because of this and I didn’t want to do that again.  I’ll have to be more vocal this time perhaps, or maybe just try harder.
Also, in my regular class, I’m very much the weakling (said with love and pride that I'm less a weakling every day) and everyone already knows that.   It’s not a big deal, and clearly not a deal breaker, as I am signed up, it’s just something that makes me a little aprehensive about going.  
As if THIS isn’t enough:
Tomorrow's WOD:
pastedGraphic.pdf
"Hidalgo"
For time:
Run 2 miles
Rest 2 minutes
20 Squat Cleans (135/95 lbs.)
20 Box Jumps (24/20")
20 Overhead Walking Lunges (45/25 lbs.)
20 Box Jumps (24/20")
20 Squat Cleans (135/95 lbs.)
Rest 2 minutes
Run 2 miles
U.S. Army First Lieutenant Daren M. Hidalgo, 24, of Waukesha, Wisconsin, assigned to 3rd Squadron, 2nd Stryker Cavalry Regiment, based in Vilseck, Germany, died on February 20, 2011, in Kandahar province, Afghanistan, from wounds suffered when insurgents attacked his unit with an improvised explosive device. Two weeks prior to his death, he was hit by an earlier improvised explosive device. Despite his injuries, he stayed in country and on patrols rather than return home. He is survived by his father Jorge, mother Andrea, brothers Miles and Jared, and sister Carmen.
What I ate:
Breakfast - Leftover steak from Outback (6oz), broccoli - 1/2 cup because baby e  likes to steal bock-ee.  Coffee with Splenda, canned Coconut Milk and Cinnamon.
Snack - Coffee with heavy cream, and splenda. (Starbucks with a friend)
Lunch - Chicken Tenders (2), cooked in skillet with bell peppers, and more brocolli.
Snack - Celery with a mix of Almond Butter and Coconut Butter.  More than I needed, but Charlie and I were both starving after lunch with the only protein source in the house being fish or tuna fish.  It was yummy, filling, fat.
Dinner - Ham 3-4 oz, Pumpkin-Coconut mash (added Honey, but excused it by the fact that this was our “starchy” side dish to go with the ham, as opposed to any kind of dessert), grilled Zucchinni, more Broccoli, but this one was in a fun processed butter sauce because I grabbed the wrong bag at the store.  
Dessert - Coffee with splenda and coconut milk.
Clearly some things I could have done better, but not much a trip to the grocery store won’t fix.   Coffee consumption went way up, and I only had two bottles of water (total of 48oz).  
I will see you guys tomorrow, assuming I survive.   I am not scared of the 2 mile run.  I’m not even technically scared of the 2 miles before 2 after, though my straight through 5 mile time is 1 hour, and I don’t know if  I can make it in the hour we’ll have to do it.  It’s the stuff in between!  I’ve been really disappointed with my squats.  I am much weaker at these than I should be.  Is this because I’m not doing it right, because I really am that weak, or because I’m freaking scared of dropping the bar?   My previous squat clean was 43/45 #, but I think my squats were really too shallow to count.  Today, I’ll be thinking about wanting to finish that second run, and I don’t imagine I’ll be willing to sacrifice too much time on the squat cleans.   The clean is great, too light really, but getting over the fear of falling on my behind in that squat is blah. 

No comments:

Post a Comment