Monday, January 2, 2012

Sugar Detox Day 2 and "Hidalgo"

I'm alive.  Sore, but alive.   I'm good with this workout, and pretty proud of myself for doing it.  Squat Cleans were deep, and though one of my coaches indicated I am doing them as two separate motions, and maybe "bottomed out" and went down a little too far, it was a VAST improvement over last time, using 55#.   I know the problem is I'm more comfortable cleaning than squatting (good grief, not a phrase I ever thought I'd say...), which means the weight is light for a clean but heavy for a squat since I'm still so focused on squat technique.  I'll work on that.


My run was great, but I did take more breaks, and longer than I hoped while doing lunges.  The weight was nothing, but my blood sugar freaked out.  It was stop or pass out, and I REALLY wanted to finish.


My conundrum at this point is this:  I am finishing WODs pretty quickly, using a weight that is taxing, providing a workout and getting tough the last few reps.  However, it's not OMG hard.  So I kind of feel like I'm cheating when I finish more quickly than people using heavy weight.  So, do I keep doing what I'm doing as long as it's working, or do I push to add heavier lifts?




"Hidalgo"
For time:  (57:44)
Run 2 miles
Rest 2 minutes
20 Squat Cleans (135/95 lbs.)   (45#)
20 Box Jumps (24/20")
20 Overhead Walking Lunges (45/25 lbs.)  (10# - could have done a good bit more)
20 Box Jumps (24/20")
20 Squat Cleans (135/95 lbs.)  (45#)
Rest 2 minutes (35min. cap here, you had to be here by 35 min or DNF)  (34:15 - it is freaking sadistic to race to finish the first levels of hell just so you can have the opportunity to enter the next)
Run 2 miles

What I Ate Today:
Breakfast - Ham with Zucchini, copious amounts of coffee with Splenda and Coconut Milk
Snack - handful of almonds (smallish)
Lunch - Salad with Guacamole, Rotisserie Chicken, 1/2 Okinawan Sweet Potato with coconut milk, shredded unsweetened coconut and a little coconut oil (Soooo good!  Even without sweetener)
PreWod Snack - Carrots in Almond Butter (generous 2 TBS)
Dinner - Rotisserie Chicken, Zucchini, Carrots

I'm drinking a ton of coffee - and Coconut Milk (-:  I'm using Stevia now, instead of Splenda, but we need to invest in some decaf, and probably reduce some of the fat in our day to compensate for the Coconut Milk (it's the canned, full fat, yummy stuff!).   I drank a ton of water, and resisted the urge to drink a diet coke after my WOD.  I REALLY wanted one, which usually means I'm dried out....so I chugged some ice water.


1 comment:

  1. My opion is to push hard and dont be afraid of the weights. Even if WOD's take a little longer to complete, you should be just as challenged as those lifting heavier weights than you. I know it can be scary (I have dropped plenty of weights) but until you challenge yourself and see that you can do it... you will be scared. You can do it! Your coaches will not let you get hurt!! Work hard!!

    ReplyDelete